Youth Education Coordinator
MILWAUKEE FILM FESTIVAL
Youth Education Coordinator
Milwaukee Film seeks a youth education coordinator to assist the Education department with all aspects of planning for and executing our youth education programs during the 2019 Milwaukee Film Festival (Oct. 17-31). This position will be primarily responsible for managing our education screenings and festival Reel Talks programs. The youth education coordinator will also support our Rated K: For Kids film programming, Milwaukee Youth Show, Teen Screen, and educator newsletter. The job requires a skilled verbal and written communicator who is highly organized and detail-oriented and who has some experience working with youth. This is a seasonal, part-time position with variable weekly hours starting June 10 and ending Nov. 15, 2019. This position reports to the Education manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Help with outreach for youth education programs, including directly emailing teachers, preparing and delivering mailings, attending events, creating newsletter copy, and other outreach as needed
● Communicate with teachers about programs, answering questions swiftly and accurately
● Assist with confirmation and invoicing for education screenings
● Manage sign-ups for education screenings, including creating seating charts and communicating with bus companies
● Attend Education committee and screening committee meetings for children’s films, as needed
● Rate children’s films being considered for public and student screenings
● Coordinate Reel Talks program during the Festival: recruit sites, identify guests, schedule facilitators, and manage evaluation/training materials
● Facilitate Reel Talks as needed
● Coordinate outreach, pre-festival screening committee meeting, bookings, and orientation for Milwaukee Youth Show
● Assist Education manager in supervising Teen Screen interns
● Coordinate Teen Screen programming committee meetups and meetings as needed
● Evaluate Kid Juror applications with Education team and assist Education manager to coordinate deliberation meeting
● Help manage on-site logistics for youth education programs at the Festival
● Help write blogs, film descriptions, and other online and print content
● Help edit and send curriculum packets, evaluation tools, and other collateral
● Complete post-festival wrap with Education manager
● Proven organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail required
● Superb verbal and written communication skills required
● Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Office required; FileMaker Pro preferred
● Experience working with young people in some capacity required; classroom or other education experience or coursework preferred
● Enthusiasm for our Festival and dedication to customer service are a must
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment is necessary
● Ability to manage on-site volunteers required
● Candidates must pass a background check prior to being offered this position
● Direct teaching or youth programming experience preferred, particularly working with underserved youth
● Interest in children’s film and media required; demonstrable knowledge preferred
● Experience working in film festival environment preferred
HOURS, SALARY & BENEFITS
This contract runs from June 10 through Nov. 15, 2019. This is a seasonal position paid at a weekly salary of $440 based on an hourly rate of $14 per hour and variable part-time weekly hours, with an estimated total of 720 hours over the course of the contract. During the Milwaukee Film Festival, the youth education coordinator is required to be present for all weekday morning education screenings, as well as weekday Reel Talks and additional events based on schedule and need. The youth education coordinator will also receive a Staff Pass that guarantees entry into every film at the 2019 Festival. No other benefits are offered.
Email résumé and cover letter to Education manager Marielle Allschwang (email@example.com) by 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 23 2019. Cover letter should respond to the following questions:
-What specific experiences (from your résumé or otherwise) make you an ideal candidate for this position? Why?
-Why are you drawn to work for Milwaukee Film?
-What do you see as the top opportunity in Milwaukee Film’s youth education programs you’d use to evangelize our organization to schools/teachers?
Requests for interviews will be made beginning May 24. All candidates will be notified of their application status by the first week of June. No phone calls, please.
2019 MILWAUKEE FILM FESTIVAL
Digital Media Assistant
Milwaukee Film is a seeking a Digital Media Assistant to assist with the digital marketing efforts in the lead up to and during the 2019 Milwaukee Film Festival (October 17 – 31, 2019). The job requires a highly organized and digitally savvy person to work with the Marketing Team on a variety of projects including ad schedule management, social media scheduling/posting, digital collateral coordination, content creation, and more. This is a seasonal position starting July 22, and ending November 7. This position reports directly to the Digital Media Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage digital advertisement schedule and asset placement on our social media platforms
- Assist with social media as needed
- Basic website updates as needed
- Created bespoke blog content for the website as needed
- Help to create/coordinate a content schedule for digital marketing materials for MFF2019
- Assist with e-newsletters as needed
- Provide basic festival assistance on site as needed
- Assist with digital survey distribution and collection in the immediate aftermath of the festival
- Other marketing duties as assigned
- Highly organized, proactive, willing to work in a team setting
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional-level communication skills are very necessary
- Marketing/Communications experience desired
- Social Media/content scheduling experience strongly desired
- Strong customer service skills a must
- Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Web Publishing (Kentico, specifically), Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- An interest in film isn’t required, but appreciated
HOURS & LOCATION
A majority of hours will be worked in the Milwaukee Film office (1037 W. McKinley Ave. Ste. 200 Milwaukee, WI 53205). However, travel to sponsor locations throughout Milwaukee and festival venues will be required over the course of the position. Weekly schedule will be determined in collaboration with the Digital Media Manager, working 10-20 hours a week in July and August, 20 hours a week in September and early October, with extended night and weekend hours required during the festival.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a seasonal position paid at an hourly rate of $12 with variable part-time weekly hours, reaching an estimated total of 290 hours over the course of the contract. The Digital Media Assistant also receives a Staff Pass for the festival, guaranteeing entry into every film, venue, and special event at the film festival. No other benefits are offered.
Email your resume and impressive cover letter to our Digital Media Manager, Tom Fuchs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Applications due by 5 p.m. on June 14. No phone calls, please.