Work at Milwaukee Film
Click on a listing to jump to that job description:
Part-Time, Year-Round Position
Founded in 2008, Milwaukee Film (mkefilm.org) is a growth-minded nonprofit cultural institution dedicated to enriching, educating, and entertaining our community through film presentations, signature events, and year-round education programs for all ages. Since 2009, the annual Milwaukee Film Festival has brought Milwaukee and filmmakers together to celebrate the power of cinema and now stands as one of the largest film festivals in the country. The organization’s year-round education programs for youth serve more than 10,000 students annually through media literacy education, media-making, and teacher training. Cultures & Communities, an initiative prioritizing diverse cultural perspectives, lived experiences, and representations of the historically marginalized, is breaking new ground in how a film culture organization can build one-of-a-kind programming collaborations throughout its region. Milwaukee Film also operates and is restoring the magnificent Oriental Theatre, a three-screen cinema that is considered one of the country’s best historic cinema palaces.
To assist the Chief Financial Officer with regular finance, bookkeeping, and administrative responsibilities. Duties also include data entry and analysis, as well as other special projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily bank reconciliations and recording of sales and membership activity
- Concessions inventory reconciliation
- Weekly box office reporting
- Research and updating of local and national peer cinema results
- Updating of cinema profitability reports
- Tabulation of staff payroll hours
- Credit card statement reconciliation
- Monthly and quarterly sales tax reporting
- Preparation and mailing of supplier checks
- Accounts payable invoice entry
- Other special projects by CFO request
Required Qualifications: Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials
- Associate’s degree or higher in finance / accounting or two years’ experience in accounting-related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Quickbooks and Google Apps strongly preferred
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to creatively solve problems while exercising timely and sound judgment
- Strong orientation toward professionalism and discretion
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Local travel by personal vehicle or public transportation may be required during film festival season and other busier times. Schedule flexible.
Hourly Wage & Benefits
The wage for the Accounting Coordinator position will be $16 per hour. Upon hiring, a complimentary Milwaukee Film membership and various other benefits to be used at the Oriental Theatre and annual Milwaukee Film events will be available. No other benefits will be offered.
E-mail resume and cover letter to Jason Koehler at email@example.com.