While we're of the mind that all of our Festival programming can make for a great date night (a screening of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me sounds like the perfect date to us, honestly), we also recognize an appetite for more traditional relationship-driven stories. We see you and we hear you! It's with that in mind that we are proudly shining the spotlight on our Shorts: Date Night program happening tonight at The Oriental Theatre! This selection of shorts highlights relationships of all sorts - whether the relationship is in its early honeymoon phase, has been going strong for decades, is on a non-stop road to Splitsville, and everything in-between, you'll find it here. Check out the full list of films with a brief synopsis of each below.
Films show in the program include:
- After You Left directed by April Maxey
- Andrea, unable to move on from her past relationship, must meet up with her ex-girlfriend, Alex, who is bringing Andrea the last few items from their prior life together.
- Alba's Memory (Memorie Di Alba) directed by Andrea Martignoni & Maria Steinmetz
- Alba remembers how she fell in love with Pierino, her brother's friend, in the early fifties in Italy.
- Engaged directed by David Scala
- When Darren keeps failing to propose to his boyfriend Elliot, Darren realizes he actually might be self-sabotaging himself due to unresolved insecurities about his sexuality.
- Fun Factory directed by Lisa Brooke Hansen & Even Hafnor
- On a Saturday afternoon at a Norwegian playland, a couple witnesses an argument between two mothers and the playland manager. The couple are wondering if they should intervene, but the situation soon triggers underlying issues of their own.
- Made Public directed by Foster Wilson
- On the eve of his wedding day, Dave commits a cardinal sin: His doubts about tying the knot go viral. Alone at the altar, the groom must confront his own cold feet, a Greek chorus of bridesmaids, and the bride herself — all to save his marriage before it’s even begun.
- Romance Language directed by José Gilles Corbett Lourenço
- Two strangers engaging in a tryst speak their inner monologues aloud, revealing the selfish, terrible thoughts their anxiety about the situation provokes.
- Wedding Video directed by June Zandona
- A hapless wedding videographer unwittingly changes the course of the ceremony she is hired to film.
Tickets for today's screening can be purchased at any of our Festival box office locations starting one hour before the venue's first screening.