Chief Marketing Officer
(applications due Wednesday, December 20)
Milwaukee Film seeks a Chief Marketing Officer who will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of marketing efforts for current developing initiatives and beyond. The CMO will join a creative, energetic, and growing Milwaukee Film team that hosts the annual Milwaukee Film Festival (a 15-day event attracting over 80,000 attendees), oversees the Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance (a community driven professional alliance of film industry members), and starting on July 1, 2018 will operate the historic Oriental Theatre year-round (a three-screen cinema built in 1927 that is considered one of the ten best cinemas in the country). In addition, Milwaukee Film works year-round to bring festival-quality films to our over 4,000 members and provide year-round education programs to Milwaukee youth.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to join a leading Milwaukee arts non-profit that aspires to become a national leader in the film industry. This position reports directly to the Artistic & Executive Director of Milwaukee Film and will work with our Board of Directors. The Chief Marketing Officer’s primary responsibility is to generate revenue as well as community and audience engagement by increasing sales and impact through successful marketing for the entire organization. This individual will conduct market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communication, advertising, and public relations to make all of our efforts bigger and brighter than ever before! This is a full-time position, beginning in early 2018.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Milwaukee Film Festival - Oversee the marketing plan for the annual Milwaukee Film Festival (MFF) including website content and digital assets, printed materials and mailings, photography, videography, social media, and e-communication platforms to increase attendance and prominence of MFF locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Oriental Theatre - Oversee and develop marketing strategy for daily Oriental Theatre programs that run 365 days a year.
- Milwaukee Film Programs and Initiatives - Design and improve upon branding and marketing campaigns for each program/initiative of Milwaukee Film including: Milwaukee Film Membership, Educator Fellowship, Reel Talks, Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance, Black Lens Council, Cine Sin Fronteras, and more.
- All Departments - Collaborate with all departments with a service orientation to support marketing needs and ensure visibility in overall annual marketing strategy for Milwaukee Film.
- Technological Trends - Incorporate expert knowledge of digital media trends, social tools, and mobile technologies to drive earned media and viral reach.
- Media Relationships - Negotiate and manage relationships with advertisers and media sponsors. Media buying experience beneficial.
- Brand Ambassador - Codify the Milwaukee Film brand voice, and maintain brand/communication guidelines.
- Spokesperson - Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions.
- Board of Directors - Deliver status reports to the Board of Directors and various committees; present critical marketing matters at select Board meetings as required and work collaboratively with the Board to enhance our marketing efforts and increase our Board’s engagement with Milwaukee Film.
- Team Culture - Inspire and build morale among the marketing team through leadership and example; supervise the work and career development of 3-5 staff members to ensure quality of output and contribute to building a great team culture overall at Milwaukee Film.
- Community Outreach and Diversity - Work with Corporate and Community Engagement Director and Development team to understand the community landscape and achieve mentions. Prioritize and encourage diversity initiative through rigorous hiring procedures and community network.
- Metrics - Prepare reports with metrics and qualitative details to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Budget - Develop annual Marketing Department budget and manage it effectively year-round.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or business
- 10+ years well-rounded marketing or business development experience, with increasing responsibility; minimum three years of experience in a leadership role
- Professional editorial, verbal, and written communication skills essential
- Superb analytical skills
- Direct experience with event promotion
- Detailed knowledge of marketing trends, emerging media, consumer insights, and the latest digital/social/mobile technologies
- Proven organizational and project management skills with meticulous attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and calm demeanor when under pressure to meet demanding deadlines
- Service orientation to all clients, internal at Milwaukee Film and external
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Direct experience in successful interaction with diverse, multicultural populations
- Brand management experience
- Proven aesthetic sense
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Competence with Google Apps, Microsoft Office required; FileMaker Pro preferred
- Dedication to excellence, efficient problem solving, and positivity
- A love for all that is great about Milwaukee
- Passion for Milwaukee Film and cinema
- Advanced degree in marketing or business
- Video and content production experience and skills
- Experience and understanding of print production, layout, typography
- Knowledge of film culture
- Proficiency in Adobe Apps
SALARY & BENEFITS
Starting salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with rank of hire and based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, year-round salaried position paid on a biweekly schedule. Milwaukee Film’s offices are open from 9 AM – 5 PM weekdays. Additional night and weekend hours will be necessary for events as well as in the lead-up to and 15-day duration of the annual Milwaukee Film Festival. Offered benefits include: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; flex spending account; employer paid parking; paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick days); retirement plan upon eligibility.
Email resume and impressive cover letter to HR@mkefilm.org by December 20, 2017. No telephone inquiries, please. Questions can also be sent to that address.
(applications due Wednesday, December 20)
Join our creative, energetic, and growing Milwaukee Film team that hosts the annual Milwaukee Film Festival, bringing nearly 85,000 attendees to five venues throughout the course of the 15-day festival. In addition, we work year-round to bring festival-quality films to our over 4,000 members and provide year-round services to Milwaukee students and the filmmaking community. As we grow, we are looking for a passionate individual who is dedicated to excellence and has a strong drive to celebrate all that is great about Milwaukee.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity for a strong writer and project coordinator to research and write grants for the Milwaukee Film Festival, the Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance (MFA), Oriental Theatre, and our to-be-expanded year-round programs! This is a full-time position, beginning in January 2018. The Grant Coordinator will report directly to the Development Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research grant opportunities for the Milwaukee Film Festival, MFA, Oriental Theatre, and year-round programs.
- Write grants for the Milwaukee Film Festival, MFA, Oriental Theatre, and year-round programs.
- Manage timeline for grant research, proposals, and reports.
- Liaise with Development Department and leverage board and other resources to maximize grant opportunities.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Milwaukee Film programs - how they function, their data points, their program timelines.
- Work with full Milwaukee Film staff to best understand areas of need and growth.
- Develop working relationships with foundations and funders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing/grammar skills - especially the ability to write in professional grant writing tone.
- Equally excellent project management skills - including being a self-starter with initiative and ability to prioritize timeline.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Active interest in Milwaukee Film and our programs.
- Experience with database fundraising software and/or Filemaker databases a plus.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Starting salary is negotiable and based on experience. This is a full-time, year-round salaried position paid on a biweekly schedule. Milwaukee Film’s offices are open from 9 AM – 5 PM weekdays. Additional night and weekend hours will be necessary for events as well as in the lead-up to and 15-day duration of the annual Milwaukee Film Festival. Salary will be commensurate with rank of hire based on experience and qualifications. Offered benefits include: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; retirement plan; flex spending account; employer paid parking; paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick days).
Email resume and an impressive cover letter to HR@mkefilm.org. No telephone inquiries, please. Questions can also be sent to that address. Applications are due by Wednesday, December 20.
2017 internship applications have closed. Check back later for additional opportunities!