No year-round positions are currently available. Check back often for updates!
Milwaukee Film is seeking a Marketing Assistant to assist (hence the name) with the marketing efforts for the 2018 Milwaukee Film Festival (October 18 – November 1, 2018). The job requires a highly organized and very pleasant individual to work with our Marketing Team on a variety of projects, including sponsor fulfillment, press/media coordination, ad schedule management, film collateral coordination, social media, and more. This is a seasonal position starting August 22, 2018 and ending November 7, 2018. This position reports to both managers in the Marketing Department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage advertisement schedule and asset placement with Milwaukee Film media partners
- Assist Press Manager with media interview coordination leading up to and during the festival, including on-site supervision and management
- Assist with social media as needed
- Basic website updates as needed
- Ensure that festival marketing materials are properly stocked and displayed at venues
- Manage schedule and delivery of film collateral (posters, postcards, etc.) to appropriate festival venues
- Manage delivery of online merch orders to appropriate festival venue
- Assist with newsletters as needed
- Gather press coverage for archives (print and online)
- Provide basic festival assistance on site as needed
- Assist with survey distribution and collection
- Other marketing duties as assigned
- Like we said up top: gotta’ be highly organized, proactive, and very pleasant
- Should also have a strong attention to detail
- Professional communication skills are critical
- Marketing/communications experience
- Be all about that good customer service
- Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. And if you happen to know FileMaker Pro, well, that’s a mega-bonus
- And last but not least, you should absolutely, positively have an interest in film
HOURS & LOCATION
A majority of hours will be worked in the Milwaukee Film office (1037 W McKinley Ave, Milwaukee WI 53205). There will also be required visits to sponsor locations throughout Milwaukee, as well as to the festival venues. Weekly schedule will be determined in collaboration with both Marketing managers, and hours are subject to change due to special events, meetings, etc. Extended night and weekend hours will be required during the festival.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a salaried, seasonal position with a weekly rate of $425. The Marketing Assistant will also receive a Staff Pass for the festival, which guarantees entry into every film, venue, and special event at the film festival. No other benefits are offered.
Email your resume and cover letter to our Communications & Press Manager, Emily Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Deadline to apply: Friday, July 20th.
There are no posted internships at this time. Check back soon for updates!