There are no posted jobs at this time. Check back soon for updates!
MILWAUKEE FILM FESTIVAL
Youth Education Coordinator
Milwaukee Film seeks a Youth Education Coordinator to assist the Education Department with all aspects of planning for and executing our Youth Education Programs during the 2018 Milwaukee Film Festival (October 18-November 1). This position will be primarily responsible for managing our Education Screenings and festival Reel Talks programs. The Youth Education Coordinator will also be asked to support our public Rated K: For Kids film programming, Milwaukee Youth Show, Teen Film Council, and the Milwaukee Film Educator Newsletter. The job requires a skilled verbal and written communicator who is highly organized and detail oriented and who has some experience working with youth. This is a seasonal, part-time position with variable weekly hours starting May 14 and ending November 9, 2018. This position reports to the Education Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help with outreach for Youth Education programs, including direct emailing teachers, preparing and delivering mailings, attending events, creating Educator Newsletter copy, and other outreach as needed
- Communicate with teachers about programs, answering questions swiftly and accurately
- Assist with the confirmation and invoicing processes for the Education Screenings
- Manage sign-ups for Education Screenings, including creating seating charts for the Oriental Theatre and communicating with bus companies as needed
- Attend summer Education Committee meetings and screening committee meetings for children’s films, as needed
- Rate children’s films being considered for public Rated K: For Kids screenings and Education Screenings as needed
- Coordinate Reel Talks program: recruit sites, identify guests, schedule facilitators and manage evaluation/training materials
- Facilitate Reel Talks as needed
- Coordinate Milwaukee Youth Show outreach, pre-festival screening committee meeting, bookings, and orientation
- Coordinate Teen Film Council outreach and pre-/post-festival meetups
- Help manage on-site logistics for Youth Education programs at the festival
- Help write blogs, film descriptions, and other online and print content
- Help edit curriculum packets, evaluation tools, and other collateral
- Complete post-festival wrap with Education Manager
- Proven organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail required
- Superb verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Office required; FileMaker Pro preferred
- Experience working with young people in some capacity required; classroom or other education experience or coursework preferred
- Enthusiasm for our festival and dedication to good customer service are a must
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment is necessary
- Ability to manage on-site volunteers required
- Candidates must pass a background check prior to being offered this position
- Direct teaching or youth programming experience preferred, particularly working with underserved youth
- Interest in children’s film and media required; demonstrable knowledge preferred
- Experience working in film festival environment preferred
HOURS, SALARY & BENEFITS
This contract runs from May 14 through November 9 (the 2018 Milwaukee Film Festival will take place from October 18-November 1). This is a seasonal position paid at a weekly salary of $440. Contract is estimated for a total of 450 hours over 25 weeks. During the Milwaukee Film Festival, the Youth Education Coordinator is required to be present for all weekday morning Education Screenings, as well as weekday Reel Talks, and additional events based on schedule and need. Youth Education Coordinator will also receive a Staff Pass that guarantees entry into every film at the festival. No other benefits are offered.
Email resumé and cover letter to Education Manager, Marielle Allschwang (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on April 2, 2018. Cover letter should respond to the following questions:
-What specific experiences (from your resumé or otherwise) make you an ideal candidate for this position? Why?
-Why are you drawn to work for Milwaukee Film?
-What do you see as the number one educational opportunity in Milwaukee Film’s youth education programs you’d want to use to evangelize our organization to schools/teachers?
Requests for interviews will be made beginning in early April. All candidates will be notified of their application status by late April. No phone calls, please.
There are no posted internships at this time. Check back soon for updates!